Brainpool is an artificial intelligence start-up providing custom AI solutions with the help of its network of AI and Machine Learning experts. Members of Brainpool are PhD-level scientists from top universities such as UCL, Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard. Brainpool provides companies with end-to-end AI solutions, starting from strategy development, planning and finding resources all the way to implementation.
We are looking for an experienced developer with at least 5 years experience and a good track record of developing and delivering object-oriented code for web-applications. Ideally, this candidate should be comfortable working with python as a backend language and to deliver code in well tested CI/CD pipelines. In addition, the candidate must be comfortable using docker to containerise web-applications that can be delivered to Kubernetes clusters or Serverless Deployment (such as AWS Lambda).
The candidate will work as part of a team (5-10 people) and is required to work from our London office (Moorgate, Central London) at least two days a week.
- B.Sc in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- Experienced Python Developer (fluency in C++ and/or Go is a plus, php and laravel)
- Experienced in concepts like object-oriented programming and test-driven development
- Confident with technologies like cloud-computing (AWS/GCP), containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and version control (git)
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines for web-applications
- Good communication, leadership, and team-working skills
- Maintaining Brainpool web servers and deployments on AWS
- Build web-application backends for Brainpool’s products and servers
- Work in scrum/agile environment (daily updates)
- Perform assigned daily tasks and respond immediately to issues/problems
- Involved in unit/integration testing frameworks and practices
- Working from office (Moorgate, central London) at least two days a week