Brainpool is a global AI consultancy powered by a network of over 350 world-class AI and Machine Learning experts. Over the last couple of years of operations, we have provided cutting-edge AI solutions to a wide variety of clients, starting with the top 3 British retailers, marketing agencies, manufacturers, construction clients through to tier-1 Japanese investment banks.
We help clients build robust AI solutions that bring value to their business. Thanks to the expertise of PhD level researchers in the Brainpool community, we have access to the latest AI developments which we can apply to solve some of the biggest industry challenges.
This person will report directly to CTO, and can preferably be based in London, UK or Toronto, Canada. As a company we are very flexible with working remotely but we will require this person to be in the office when needed for meetings.
We’re looking for a super-organised, flexible person with a positive can-do attitude, who is also interested to engage with and manage our pool of data scientists. Next to your work as an engineer we would like you to be involved in the engagement, communication with, and management of our elite data scientists pool.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Knowledge of Native React or Vue would be nice to have
- Expertise in at least one backend language (Node.JS, Python, PHP)
- Good knowledge of HTML, CSS, basic web development principles and practices (security, HTTP status codes, REST, websockets)
- Knowledge of database management and queries (SQL, NoSQL)
- Knowledge of deploying web apps (docker, kubernetes, nginx, redis, ssl certificates)
- Strong knowledge of version control (git)
- Experience working in an Agile context
- Experience of UI/UX design
- Experience working with cloud computing resources (GCP, AWS)
- Able to make sound high-level technology and architecture decisions
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Calmness under pressure, an optimistic outlook
- Great communication skills written, digital and face to face
- Some administration and event planning experience
- Bags of self-confidence and energy
- Able to work well both independently and as part of a team